Staff Advisory Council
About the SAC
The SAC serves as an advisory body to the dean on matters of interest and importance to the staff of the college. The council encourages the input of staff on developing ideas to improve the college. Information is channeled to the dean from the SAC for review and approval.
The SAC meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM. Meetings are open to CEHD staff.
Disney Way Series
Staff Award Nomination
SAC Meeting Minutes
JOB-RELATED SKILL ENHANCEMENT PAY
To outline college policy as it relates to rewarding staff who take initiative to increase their skill level through a prescribed course of study as it relates to their job.
- The employee provides a transcriptable degree, certificate, license or other evidence of mastering a body of knowledge obtained through a prescribed program of study that is directly related to the position held;
- The employee has an overall performance evaluation of “Meets Expectations” or higher;
- The employee has not received a Job-Related Skill Enhancement Pay Increase in the last 12 months;
- The request must be made within 3 months of obtaining the certification;
- The dean must approve all requests.
Once approved, the base pay of the employee will be increased by the amounts listed below:
- Certificate – 2%
- Associate’s Degree – 3%
- Bachelor’s Degree – 5%
- Master’s Degree – 10%
- Doctorate – 10%
This policy is consistent with TAMU Standard Administrative Procedure 31.01.01.M5.03 – Job-Related Skill Enhancement Pay: http://rules-saps.tamu.edu/PDFs/31.01.01.M5.03.pdf