Skill Enhancement Pay
Job Related Skill Enhancement Pay
To outline college policy as it relates to rewarding staff who take initiative to increase their skill level through a prescribed course of study as it relates to their job.
- The employee provides a transcriptable degree, certificate, license or other evidence of mastering a body of knowledge obtained through a prescribed program of study that is directly related to the position held;
- The employee has an overall performance evaluation of “Meets Expectations” or higher;
- The employee has not received a Job-Related Skill Enhancement Pay Increase in the last 12 months;
- The request must be made within 3 months of obtaining the certification;
- The dean must approve all requests. This can be up to 10% based on the category and not to exceed the pay plan maximum, per the SAP.
- Internal equity with other positions in the department/college will be considered before implementing a Skill Enhancement pay increase.
Once approved, the base pay of the employee will be increased by the amounts listed below:
- Certificate – up to 2%
- Associate’s Degree – up to 3%
- Bachelor’s Degree – up to 5%
- Master’s Degree – up to 10%
- Doctorate – up to 10%
This policy is consistent with TAMU Standard Administrative Procedure 31.01.01.M5.03 – Job-Related Skill Enhancement Pay