ACADEMIC PROFESSIONAL TRACK ADVISORY COMMITTEE
APTAC reviews candidates for reappointment and promotion. The committee also advises the Dean on issues of appointment, review, and promotion in regard to Academic Professional Track Faculty.
Membership on the Academic Professional Track Advisory Committee (APTAC) consists of four APT Full Professors (2 Clinical and 2 Instructional). Additionally, two APT Associate Professors (Clinical and Instructional) are elected as college at-large representatives. Each member of the committee serves a 3-year term.
All APT faculty
Joyce Juntune, FULL Inst, 2017-2020
Daniel Kniffin, FULL Inst, 2017-2020
Dianne Goldsby, FULL Clin, 2015-2018
Valerie Hill-Jackson, FULL Clin, 2017-2020
Helen Muyia, At-Large, 2016-2019
Susan Ward, At-Large, 2017-2020
Tenure & Promotion Advisory Committee
This committee reviews candidates at the third year review and those who are eligible for tenure and promotion.
It conducts a thorough and considered review of each file submitted by each department. A written report, recommendation, and a vote appear on each file.
The committee also advises the Dean on issues of tenure and promotion.
- Each department elects one tenured, full professor representative to the committee to serve three years. An associate professor, the college at-large representative, will serve three years.
- All tenure-track faculty members are eligible to vote for a representative.
- Elected associate professors up for promotion will not complete his or her term. Another election will occur.
- Administrative positions (department head, dean’s staff) are not eligible to serve on the committee.
At-Large Representative Rules
- Cannot be from the same department for two consecutive terms.
- Discusses and votes on the third year reviews, tenure, and promotion to associate professor.
- May be present during discussions of promotion to full professor but does not vote.