Clinical Professors Advisory Committee
The committee reviews candidates for reappointment and promotion. It conducts a thorough review of each file submitted by each department.
The Committee submits a recommendation and vote for reappointment or promotion to the dean.
- One elected clinical associate or full clinical representative for each department.
- An elected Clinical Full Professor as the college at-large representative.
- All clinical professors are eligible to vote for a representative.
Elected members serve 3-year terms ending in August.
Lecturer and Instructional Professor Advisory Committee
LIPAC reviews candidates for reappointment and promotion. The committee also advises the Dean on issues of appointment, review, and promotion.
Membership consists of one representative from each department and one member at large. Representatives serve 3-year terms.
Eligibility to vote for a departmental and at-large representative:
- Instructional Professor
- Senior Lecturer
All members represent the college as a whole rather than their department.
- Kirsten Brekken Shea, HLKN At-Large, 2017
- Judy Sandlin, EAHR, 2018
- Connie Fournier, EPSY, 2017
- Alyssa Locklear, HLKN, 2018
- TBD, TLAC, 2019
Tenure & Promotion Advisory Committee
This committee reviews candidates at the third year review and those who are eligible for tenure and promotion.
It conducts a thorough and considered review of each file submitted by each department. A written report, recommendation, and a vote appear on each file.
The committee also advises the Dean on issues of tenure and promotion.
- Each department elects one tenured, full professor representative to the committee to serve three years. An associate professor, the college at-large representative, will serve three years.
- All tenure-track faculty members are eligible to vote for a representative.
- Elected associate professors up for promotion will not complete his or her term. Another election will occur.
- Administrative positions (department head, dean’s staff) are not eligible to serve on the committee.
At-Large Representative Rules
- Cannot be from the same department for two consecutive terms.
- Discusses and votes on the third year reviews, tenure, and promotion to associate professor.
- May be present during discussions of promotion to full professor but does not vote.